“The NEWPORT Benefit”
The flip lever design of the G7th Newport is ideal for players who want a slick, easy to use capo, but who prefer to adjust tension using an adjusting screw.
- The Newport is light weight and low profile
- The perfect design for 6 string guitars
- Wrap around rubber protects your guitar neck
- Comes in 8 versions including partials (Cut capos).
“The Newport” History
Since the launch of the company in 2004, G7th has repeatedly raised the bar in capo design and development.
Introduced in 2011, the G7th Newport capo marked an important development in the evolution of an existing capo design, removing some of its inherent problems, and taking styling to a whole new level.
The Newport capo is a flip lever design, where the lower arm secures the capo to the neck of the guitar by means of an over-centre cam. It is simple and effective.
This design often suits players who prefer to adjust the tension of their capo With an adjusting knob. It is particularly suited to instruments that are problematic to use with a capo, such as guitars with a high action and 12 string guitars (12-string model).
The Newport capo has improved the existing design in several areas.
Why would I buy the G7th Newport Capo?
- Safeguards your Tone & protects your neck. As on all G7th capos, the inert silicone wrap around rubber and internal G7th design features eliminate deadening of tone and avoid metal to wood contact on your guitar neck.
- Faster and easier to use. You can easily make fine adjustments to the tension while your Newport capo is locked in position – you don’t have to release, adjust and reattach. Also, it’s full-length rubber means you don’t have to adjust the height of the capo before latching.
- Lighter weight and lower profile. Less intrusive on your guitar neck, doesn’t interfere with your hand.
Choosing G7th means less time positioning your capo and retuning your guitar. Great on stage and in the studio! You get to focus on your music, not on your capo.