New and unique solid one-piece strap button in hardened steel with self-tapping wood thread. Simply screw it on with an Allen key (size 3mm | 1/8″). Includes 2 buttons + felt washers for S-Locks. The S-Lock silent feature is NOT available when used in combination with the older style S-Locks.
- Screw with self-tapping wood thread. Fits all existing strap buttons incl. Gibson for perfect replacement without adjustments on existing holes and screws
- Hardened steel and more than double thickness of the strap button guarantees maximum security against breakage
- Includes high-grade felt washers for ultimate protection of guitar’s finish
Select the strap button size according to the diameter and depth of the existing hole in the guitar
- Small = thread 3,5mm, length 18 mm (this product)
- Medium = thread 4,0 mm, length 22 mm (standard)
- X-Large = thread 4,5 mm, length 30 mm (as Replacement Kit)
If you are not confident, we recommend you have a Luthier complete the installation as some drilling or other “repair work” may be required. As every guitar is different, you may need further expertise and advice for a successful installation. The following is a guide only:
- If your guitar does not have an existing hole, drill a “pilot” hole to suit this button. Although this button has a thread diameter of 3.5 mm and length 18 mm, start with a small hole (diameter and depth) as softer material (eg. softwood or compressed coffee beans) may need a smaller hole.
- Test the suitability of the hole diameter and depth. To do this, slowly and carefully turn the strap button into the hole and gauge the amount of “bite” into the guitar body.
- If the strain is too tight, unscrew the button and drill out the hole in the guitar a small amount. Re-try until the size is correct.
- If the strap button can be screwed in too easily, reduce or close the hole and then re-drill.
Please check the secure fit of the strap button in the wood regularly as with any other screw connection. If necessary, re-tighten the screw or as described reduce or close an enlarged hole and re-drill.
Kronig Music have an exclusive (as far as we know) service kit available for purchase. The kit includes original Schaller felt washers and grub screws.